Gresham,OregonEnglandDominican Republic
Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Weekends


Yipee, it's the weekend. I've stayed up far too late all week and am excited about two days off! All is well in the Mather household, just carrying on as usual. My job is still fantastic...been almost three months now. I find I am constantly learning and being challenged and I love it. I feel like I'm really helping people in their lives which is what I feel nursing is all about. I start working the STD/HIV clinic soon which I'm strangely looking forward to. I've gone through HIV counseling training and still have 2 more days of that and then I'll start in the clinic. I love all that I'm allowed to do and never imagined I'd be this happy in the job. I do miss Labor and Delivery still, but what a great alternative this is! AND...I don't have to work nights, weekends, or holidays. In fact, I just got a week off over Christmas break to go to Oregon and the first week of January off to go to England! What more could I ask for??? I couldn't believe it was so easy to get time off, and I'm not even expected to cover another time like Thanksgiving or New Years, maybe it has something to do with the clinic not being open then, but still, it's fantastic! So we should be in Oregon for Christmas and then work a few days here again, then off to England the 31st-ish of Dec for a week (hopefully do some scouting of places to live and work while we're there!). Lots to look forward to.

Did a little rearranging today in the apt which is always fun (that's what the photo is of). Moving things around trying to pretend that we have a load of space. Makes things sort of feel new again when they're in a new spot. So no big plans for the weekend. Sleeping, reading, cleaning, watching The Princess Bride...that's about it and it's going to be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home